Friday, August 14, 2009

The Faith Of A Child, Part 3

If you have not yet read parts 1 & 2, you must start there. I think this story will touch your heart. Please go to Part 1.


I must admit that this post has caused the old leaky eyes to start. I hope you have enjoyed reading it half as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

I thought you might like to see the dresser that we received as an answer to Hannah's prayer. When we originally got it, it was missing a drawer. I like to do some wood-working, so I just pulled out the other drawer and was going to use it as a pattern.

Knowing that I would not be finished in the next 1-2 weeks, or maybe years, I decided I'd better come up with a 'temporary' solution. I cut a few boards to size and placed them in the empty socket left by the absent drawers. Hannah began using this space as a great place to store her shoes.





At this point, Hannah loves it just the way it is, so it looks like my 'temporary' solution is going to be permanent. This helps answer one of my prayers, in that it cleans up the area in our entry-way. Previously, all of Hannah's shoes could be found in the area where you see the roller skates. It looks so much better now.






This has been a huge learning experience and faith-building exercise for me. I hope you have found value in it, as well.

We can often find so much to learn from our little children if we simply take the time to watch, open our ears to listen, and trust in God to lead.


Sometimes God's leaders and lessons come from unlikely sources.

Are we ready to listen to Him and follow?


**If you liked this post, be sure to click the 'follow' tab to stay up-to-date on future blog posts.  Enjoy!**


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!